Thursday, November 19, 2009

Karaoke Monday

What do you do when you already have a three-hour break, and then because your next class is suddenly cancelled because the professor will not attend, it becomes a 4 1/2- hour break?

Well, you go sing karaoke, of course!

Four girls (three of which, I think, are kinda sleepy at the time) had this spontaneous idea. I, being part of the four girls and one of the sleepy ones, was open to the idea, but at first was not so enthusiastic. Well, duh, I was sleepy! So even though I really crave karaoke (my growing database of lyrics kinda attest to that claim), I was in a so-so mood.

But then we got to Timezone. I was still sleepy, so I just pitched in a bit and just decided to go with the flow. Sadly, there were no available booths at that moment. (Well, there was one girl who was in a videoke booth singing all alone, but if she paid, who are we to judge?)

Seeing as we can't just stand outside the booth like pathetic little girls, we went around the arcade. And then we got to the racing games. Ooh, up to four can play!

Bam! I was wide awake.

Yes, even to the point that sadly, I was swearing already. I mean, my car was flipping on its back and treating the sidewalk as the main road and the lampposts as I don't know, paint?-and not roadblocks! That first round I was, I think 3rd or 4th overall but 2nd in the players ranking. One of the four girls who was absent in the first round because she settled stuff just arrived, and since the game can link up to four players, we decided to give it a go again.

Shame on all shames, I made the wrong car choice! My performance was worse, and I got a lower ranking. Boo! (More swearing in this round, naturally.)

Now that a booth is finally available (and I am now wide awake), we went back to the karaoke booth. And the singing begins!!!

We sang quite a lot, and by the end of it all, were totally weirded out by the people on the screen, as they weren't really that appropriate for the song (don't worry, they're wholesome, but still), and sang our throats raw. We also decided by the end that we have to perfect our version of Lady Marmalade. For some weird reason, I get to be the rapper. Haha!

What a way to kill time. Makes you wish that Mondays are as stress-free as that.

Unfortunately for me, Mondays could prove to be my hell, and my undoing.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Dodge is the car, FTW! :D

    Have you practiced your rapping skills yet? haha! :P

    ReplyDelete